As an essential services provider and the main generator of electricity for the Northern Territory, Territory Generation has implemented a range of measures to manage the impacts of COVID-19 and to keep our people and stakeholders safe. Please visit coronavirus.nt.gov.au for Territory-specific information relating to COVID-19.
Safety during COVID-19
COVID-19 has changed the way we work, but the health and safety of our people, contractors and suppliers remains Territory Generation’s number one priority. Our experienced Incident Management Team is working to ensure the continued safety of our people and those who work alongside us. Safety measures continue to evolve in line with the COVID-19 situation.
Site access procedures for external contractors and visitors
From 12.01am on 22 April 2022, persons entering or working on Territory Generation sites must provide evidence of having received three doses of an approved COVID vaccine or their contraindication status to an authorised Territory Generation employee in accordance with Chief Health Officer Direction 55. This includes contractors, agents, visitors and delivery drivers. View the COVID-19 mandatory third vaccination notice to all Territory Generation contractors, agents and visitors – 25 March 2022.
Access and travel to sites
Contractors, agents, visitors and delivery drivers must liaise with their Territory Generation site contact before accessing/travelling to a Territory Generation site. Site access requirements include:
- Provide evidence of having received three doses of an approved COVID vaccine or contraindication status to your Territory Generation site contact. Your site contact will complete a Vaccination Declaration (CONTROL0540) on your behalf. Evidence can be shown on arrival or ahead of time (refer to the ‘Mandatory vaccinations’ section above for further information)
- Complete the COVID-19 Statutory Health Declaration (CONTROL0423) on arrival
- Please note that all usual site induction requirements and standard visitor protocols apply in addition to COVID-19 requirements
Infection control in the workplace
Please do not attempt to access any Territory Generation site if you display any known symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
Contractors must familiarise themselves with current government guidelines to minimise the spread of infection. Key expectations on Territory Generation sites include:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Be sure to dry your hands.
- Follow physical distancing principles: Where face-to-face contact is required, maintain a distance of 1.5m.
- Avoid touching your face to minimise the transmission of infection through the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Use phones, Skype or video conferencing tools to engage with other employees (both within your work area and between sites) and external contacts.
Please refer to Territory Generation’s Business continuity during COVID-19 – 2 Apr 2020 and COVID-19 mandatory third vaccination notice to all Territory Generation contractors, agents and visitors – 25 March 2022. Please get in touch with your Territory Generation contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.