Territory Generation produces electricity to power the Northern Territory.
Territory Generation was formerly an operational business unit of the Power and Water Corporation . As part of reforms announced by the Northern Territory Government in December 2013, Territory Generation underwent structural separation from Power and Water Corporation, forming a separate Government Owned Corporation on 1 July 2014.
Territory Generation owns and operates eight power stations across the Northern Territory.
The head office is at 631 Stuart Highway, Berrimah.
To be the Northern Territory’s trusted and respected energy services business.
These words have been carefully chosen, and for us they mean:
- running our business safely is recognised as our highest priority
- we are known for being reliable, efficient and responsible
- we exceed the expectations of our stakeholders
- we are cost effective with other relevant players in the market
- we are recognised for technical excellence for energy services in the Territory
- we are an employer of choice.
Our business purpose
We safely, efficiently and reliably provide:
- electricity supply on sustainable terms
- Essential system services which facilitate system reliability and the adaption of renewable energy.
We contribute to the provision of sustainable energy solutions for the Northern Territory as part of the transition to 50% renewables by 2030 and net zero emissions by 2050.
The products we provide
- Wholesale electricity supply
- Electricity (MWh)
- Capacity to supply peak load (MWh)
- Network Support Services
- Generator Testing/Commissioning Services
- System Strength Services
- Capacity Security Services
- Electricity System Services
- Frequency Control Services, including inertia
- Voltage Control Services
- Black Start Services