Territory Generation (TGen) produces electricity to power the Northern Territory.
TGen was formerly an operational business unit of the Power and Water Corporation (PWC). As part of reforms announced by the Northern Territory Government in December 2013, TGen underwent structural separation from Power and Water, forming a separate Government Owned Corporation on 1 July 2014.
TGen owns and operates eight power stations across the Northern Territory.
The head office is at 631 Stuart Highway, Berrimah.
To be the Northern Territory’s trusted and respected energy services business.
These words have been carefully chosen, and for us they mean:
- running our business safely is universally recognised as our highest priority
- we are known for being reliable, efficient and available when required
- we exceed the expectations of our customers
- we are cost effective with other relevant players in the market
- we are the centre of technical excellence for energy services in the Territory
- we are an employer of choice.
Our business purpose
Safely, efficiently and reliably provide:
- wholesale electricity supply on commercial terms
- electricity system services which support system security and the adoption of renewable energy.
This will contribute to and support the provision of sustainable energy solutions for the Northern Territory as part of the transition to 50% renewables by 2030.
The products we provide
- Wholesale electricity supply
- Electricity (MWh)
- Capacity to supply peak load (MWh)
- Network Support Services
- Generator Testing/Commissioning Services
- System Strength Services
- Capacity Security Services
- Electricity System Services
- Frequency Control Services, including inertia
- Voltage Control Services
- Black Start Services